Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Here we go again....

Well, once again softball hasn't been very nice to me - I'm thinking maybe it's about time to retire and take up something a little safer like sky diving or hang gliding (Dad's words - too funny). Maybe bowling - can you hurt yourself bowling??? Probably not broken bones anyway. This time I broke my thumb. It got jammed when I was tagging someone out at home (yes - I held on to the ball and he was OUT!). It popped out of place and I was able to pop it back in myself - but in the process the middle bone in the thumb in the joint right at the knuckle was broken. I have to say - when I break something - I do it right! I'm having surgery tomorrow to get pins put in my thumb so it will heal properly and so I hopefully won't have lingering issues with the joint. Then I'll be in a cast for 4 weeks - not looking forward to that. It won't be a removable one this time :(... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

C Schultz said...

Holy Crap Kerry!!!!! Not again! I know how it feels though. I have to give up volleyball for a little while and it stinks. Are they keeping you awake for the surgery? They kept me awake when they did surgery on my toe.... like you, I broke the joint. Well, keep me informed of how you are doing! Not a request! lol

Julie B. said...

Hey, when you are ready to try sky diving, let me know! I've wanted to try it in Cal City. :o)