This weekend Julie & I decided to go for a hike at Red Rock Canyon instead of going back to Tehachapi. The weather was beautiful and it was a great day for a hike. We spent over 4 hours out there. I have a whole new appreciation for all the little details now that I'm learning about how all this is formed in my Geography class! I loaded some pictures on a shutterfly site, so here is a link if you want to check them out: http://kerrysphotojournal.shutterfly.com/.
Here are a few of the pics - such a facinating place :)!





4 comments:
How far away is that? My kids would LOVE to hike around there!
Very cool that you guys were able to make it up there. I take the kids there periodically through out the year. They always love to "claim there houses".
There are also some very cool owls back in some of the far east canyons. Long walk, but well worth it if you can see the owls.
Last weekend was a great weekend for hiking up there to.
Just don't go in the summer. Extremely hot! But it is very nice at night up there in the summer.
I created a map that highlights some of the things around there. And also gives an extimate on driving distance from the AV:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=35.38989,-117.959518&spn=0.167092,0.31208&t=h&z=12&msid=107285375814618746305.00045c7c83f05248302f6
(hopefully this works anyway).
Jaimie - I can see the map if I copy and paste the link, but it doesn't have any markings on it.
Christine - This is about 20 or so miles North of California City on the 14 North. The parking areas and stuff are right off the freeway, so you can't miss it. You can camp there if you want, or just stay for the day. Day use fee is $5.
Here is a link to their web site with info:
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=631
It's actually about 54 miles north of Lancaster. (even though it doesn't seem like it.)
Not sure why the map didn't work for you. I tried it and it came up for me. Maybe verify that there were no extra spaces copied with it and that it ends with the '6'. If it still doesn't work... I guess oh well, I tried... LOL I also have some photos from up there on the "Panoramio" layer on Google Maps. http://www.panoramio.com/user/1163963
Post a Comment