Ok - I know I've been a big time slacker. Just wanted to post some of the latest news. The QHHS boys Cross Country team has had an awesome season - we are very proud of our boys :)!
Today - 3rd place at the Mt SAC Invitational

(Trevor finished 25th with a time of 17:04 on a stifling hot day in Walnut, CA. Two races at the end of the day were cancelled due to the heat and several other races were cut down from 3 miles to 2 because of the heat. These guys had a great day despite the conditions!)
Last week - Undefeated Golden League Champs!
(Trevor finished 14th with a time of 17:06)
Two weeks ago - 3rd place at the Clovis Invitational
(Trevor finished 29th with a time of 16:40)
Looking forward to Golden League Finals next week to determine seeding for CIF Southern Section Prelims and All League honors....

4 comments:
Looks like Trevor is definitely having an awesome season this year. I definitely remember how hot is can be down at Mt Sac. If I remember correctly that is how it was the last year I ran down there. Miserable but still fun.
Here is a weird question.... why was he quite a bit faster at the clovis one? Was it just a faster course? ... not that I totally understand what a slower course is... LOL. I never did cross country, or any track, so there you go.... Anyway, congrats TREVOR!
Well, each course is different. Some are flat. Some have hills. And, the conditions can differ. So, stuff like the heat and wind can slow the times down. You can really only compare times between races at the same course instead of comparing them between different races. But, even then the weather conditions can greatly affect the times. Trevor's best time at Mt SAC is a 16:37 at CIF Prelims last year. We're hoping for better conditions and faster times at Prelims this year too :)!
mt sac is a really hilly course and clovis is fairly flat so times at clovis are usually faster (Trevor)
Post a Comment