Monday, September 1, 2008

Project Linus Blanket

I'm so excited. I made this blanket this weekend and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Just my style - no sewing :)! This was my first time making something like this and it was actually pretty easy to do. This one is a double sided no sew fleece blanket. I made it to donate to a group called "Project Linus". Someone at work is collecting blankets for our local chapter and I was compelled to make one. Now that I know how easy it is - I'm sure I'll make more to donate to this great cause! They accept several different sizes including infant blankets, toddler blankets, and teen blankets. Since I have a teenage boy, I of course had to make a big one suitable for a young teenage boy. I hope someone finds some comfort with it!

The Project Linus Mission

First, it is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

Second, it is our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.

Here is a link to their web site if you want to check it out: http://www.projectlinus.org/. They have all kinds of information on there and they even have links to patterns, tips, etc... to help you get started if you so choose.

1 comment:

jbaccus said...

Looks like it turned out good. And for a good cause as well.